Back Pain Treatment for Burien, Des Moines, SeaTac, Kent
Back pain is a common problem for adults and seniors. Whether your back is injured or you're suffering from a chronic condition, back pain can be debilitating. As your Normandy Park chiropractors, we know how awful back pain can be. At Optimal Health Spine + Wellness, we can help you feel better and get the pain relief you need.
Common Causes of Back Pain
While some people suffer from back pain as a result of their habits and lifestyle choices, there are many people who suffer from back pain as a result of common conditions and injuries. Below are some of the most common causes of back pain:
- Herniated disc. The discs of your spine are the spongy cushions found between the vertebrae. These cushions help make it more comfortable to walk and run. Without the discs, the vertebrae of your spine would rub against one another, resulting in constant pain. A herniated disc is a disc that has become damaged.
- Sciatica. Sciatica is a condition wherein the lower part of the spine becomes somewhat pinched between the lower vertebrae of the back. Sciatica can cause the nerves to tingle or become numb. Sometimes sciatica will cause pain that runs up and down the legs.
- Car accident. Car accidents result in problems like whiplash. Whiplash can result in pain in the shoulders and neck, irritability difficulty sleeping, inability to focus, dizziness, headaches and other problems.
- Spinal stenosis. This is a condition that causes the canal in the middle of the vertebrae to narrow. The spinal column is what contains the spinal cord, so when the canal narrows, the cord becomes pinched, causing pain.
Non-Surgical, Drug-Free Back Pain Relief
At Optimal Health Spine + Wellness, we help relieve patient back pain in a variety of ways. Some of the most common back pain relief methods that we use include:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique we use to realign the vertebrae of the spine. Spinal adjustment helps prevent problems like sciatica. A spinal adjustment can also help treat conditions like whiplash.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a method we use to improve blood flow to injured areas of the body and loosen tight muscles. This helps us reduce muscle pain for our patients.
- Lifestyle advice. Administering lifestyle advice is a method we use to help patients adopt better habits and avoid habits that can lead to injury and sore muscles.
- Corrective exercises. We teach patients how to perform corrective exercises and stretches throughout the day. This can help our patients treat their own injuries and reduce their pain between chiropractic sessions.
Contact Our Normandy Park Chiropractic Clinic Today
Optimal Health Spine + Wellness Clinic is your source for natural, non-invasive back pain treatment. As your chiropractor located in Normandy Park, we can help you get the treatment you need to feel comfortable once again. To start chiropractic treatments, contact us today!